Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cookout, Wilmington, NC, Revisited.


About this time last year I posted a review of the Cookout Restaurant in Wilmington, NC and it has become one of the most popular reviews I've done. I'm a bit surprised since the review panned the ordering system and talked more about a mistake in the order. After some careful thought I decided that maybe they deserved a second look so I hit them the other day to see how it was.

The menu hasn't changed, it's still hard to read (lots of pretty colors and fonts are used) but this time I knew ahead of time what to order. I got two small cheeseburgers with ketchup, mustard, and pickles. I tried to get jalapenos so it would be the same burger I get at Five Guys for a comparison, but they don't have them. The burgers were cheap, real cheap. I paid about $2.70 for both of them. There were good too, in a fast food sense. I'd rank them as better than MacDonalds and Burger King, on a par with Checkers and Andy's, and nowhere near a Five Guys.

1 comment:

  1. Cookout is a true "fast food" joint, which can be fairly classified with the Burger Kings of the world. It cannot be judged on the same platform as Five Guys...at least not the location in Wilmington, which is a dine-in restaurant. For speed, quality, and affordability, I think you would be hard pressed to find a better chain.

    ReplyDelete