Saturday, June 6, 2015

Cafe AIM- Newburgh, NY


I have passed by this place thousands of times over the years, but never at the right time to stop. About a year ago it changed hands and the new sign intrigued me enough to put it on my list. Well, today was the day and I must say that I have been missing out by not going sooner. 

Outside it looks small, but like a TARDIS it is bigger on the inside. It is clean and nicely decorated with the friendly and welcoming staff wearing black t-shirts adorned with the restaurant's logo. I was told to sit wherever I wanted and the waitress brought a menu. For a small place the menu is extensive and interesting, but I wanted a nice burger so I went with a bacon cheeseburger with chips for $6.79.

The burger was excellent. Nicely charred on the outside and close to the medium I'd ordered. The meat was seasoned nicely with salt, pepper, and I think I detected a hint of garlic powder. There was plenty of crispy bacon on it and the cheese melted to perfection. All of this sat on a fresh, toasted kaiser bun with lettuce, tomato, and red onions. 

Overall, a nice little restaurant with good food, at reasonable prices, and friendly service. I will be back again. I couldn't find a website, but they do have a Facebook page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment