Saturday, May 16, 2015

Frogmore Tavern- Kingston, NY


We were headed up to the Woodstock Chimes annual sale and needed a place to go for lunch. I came across Frogmore Tavern by reading North Country Rambler, a blog run by Joe Steiniger who has similar tastes to mine and I trust his judgement. 

We popped in at about two on a nice Saturday afternoon and were given our choice of seats. We took one by the window and looked over the menus. I was toying with the idea of the chicken and waffles, the Rueben, and the Cuban Press, but the grass-fed burger at thirteen bucks won out. I added Swiss cheese for an extra buck and said that I wanted it medium. 

About fifteen minutes (maybe less) later a beautiful plateful of  happiness was set down in front of me. The meat was fresh tasting and properly seasoned. It was also cooked to a perfect medium, crusted on the outside and pink in the middle. It sat in a fresh bun with just the right amount of Swiss cheese melted to just the right ooziness. The fries were some of the best I've ever had. They were extra crispy, yet soft in the middle. 


Teresa went with one of the lunch specials a grilled cheese sandwich with ramps and eggplant on artisan bread for thirteen bucks. She switched out the fries for a salad with a ginger vinaigrette. She said it was great. 


Overall, great food at reasonable prices with excellent service, Patti was awesome. I agree with Joe, Frogmore is good and we will be back. They have a website for directions and menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment