Monday, October 14, 2013

Poughkeepsie Ice House Revisited

Fish and Chips

We first hit the Poughkeepsie Ice House in February of this year, you can check out the original review here, and we really liked it. So today was a beautiful October day and we decided we wanted to eat outside on the river and the Ice House immediately sprung to mind. It turned out to be an excellent choice as they were as good as the last visit and the view of the river was amazing. 

Chicken Caprese Panini

My original thought was to have the Bridge Music Burger again, but as I was reading the menu a plate of fish and chips passed by on the way to a neighboring table and that made my decision. I was not disappointed as the fish was nice and moist with a crispy crust (they were battered with Mother's Milk Stout) and the fires were really good. Teresa went with the Chicken Caprese Panini and she said it was good. Both meals totaled out at $25, plus tax and tip. 

It's nice to see that they have maintained the quality they started with and we will definitely be going back. 

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I don't think I've ever been to Poughkeepsie but even I know you misspelled it in the title. I do remember that weird name constantly being spouted on the Metro-North, tho.

    ReplyDelete