Saturday, July 6, 2013

Brasserie 292, encore.

Ambiance
Not long ago we went to the Brasserie 292 in Poughkeepsie and were quite pleased with it so I decided to pop in again today for lunch. I completely forgot that they don't have a lunch menu on the weekend, just a dinner menu. No matter, I wanted to try the Moules Frites anyway and Teresa decided on the Brasserie Burger, medium well with gruyere cheese.

The interior has a lovely ambiance with French music playing in the background and brass lamps along the walls. By the way, the word Brasserie means brewery, although they don't brew anything there. It has come to mean a casual dining place with a fixed menu and fixed hours, and usually white table cloths. This is opposed to a Bistro which is more casual, more sporadicly open and with an ever changing menu. Bistros were generally a small side business run from someone's home. 

The service was impeccable, as one should expect from a French restaurant, without being pretentious. The food was equally impecceble. Teresa was quite pleased with her burger and I found my mussels to be some of the best I've tasted, including my own. All of that said, this restaurant could become a personal favorite very easily. 
les frites

If you haven't been yet, you really need to pay them a visit.


les moules

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.