Saturday, April 6, 2013

McKinney and Doyle, Pawling, NY


McKinney and Doyle occupies three storefronts on the main drag in Pawling, NY. Facing the building the one on the right is the bakery and ice cream fountain, the middle one is a dining area and the left one is a bar/dining area. Inside it was elements that I really like; aged wood floors, brick walls and tin ceilings, so the ambiance is nice. Well, some of the decorations on the wall ledges could use a dusting. I could have written my name on one of the wine bottles.

We went on a Saturday afternoon and it was slightly busy. The middle section was full, but there were seats in the bar area. We had to wait a few minutes for a seat though.

After perusing the menus, it was brunch time until three, I decided on the M&D burger shown below at $12.95. It came with Swiss cheese, crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato with a side of fries. The fries were just okay, but the burger was very good. I ordered it medium and it was a perfect medium with enough seasoning.

Teresa ordered the avocado salad at $16.50. It was an avocado, pealed and sliced in half with one half stuffed with a lobster salad and the other with a tuna salad. It wasn't bad, and it wasn't great.



Overall I'd say it was good. The ambiance was good. The food was good, but a bit pricey. The service however was mediocre. I would go back again if I were in the neighborhood, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

McKinney & Doyle Fine Foods Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment