Friday, April 19, 2013

Avanti's Restaurant, Hopewell Junction, NY

Eggplant Rollatini appetizer

We were invited out to dinner by our friend Pat to celebrate an event and she said she was taking us to one of her favorite italian restaurants, so of course we readily agreed. I like Italian, and I like it when I'm treated to dinner.

Avanti's Restaurant is on Rt 52 in Hopewell Junction in an area called Wicopee. It is a former pizza joint in a strip mall, so it is a bit unassuming from the outside but don't let that fool you. It was completely remodeled a few years ago when the new owners took it over and as a result it has a nice, warm feel to it inside. Our server was very good and we were constantly attended to by him and a nice woman who helped and kept our water glasses full. 

Vongole Oreganata
Looking over the menu, and listening to the specials, my dining companions were having trouble deciding what to order so we started with appetizers, the eggplant rollatini and the clams. Both were excellent. The clams had a lovely garlic flavor that was not overpowering. The eggplant was just right with no bitterness to it. 

Veal Sorentina
I knew what I wanted before we even got there. I looked online and saw that they offer a Veal Sorentina, one of my favorite dishes and a dish by which I judge Italian restaurants. This was a properly executed plate with the veal being perfectly cooked, just the right amount of perfect eggplant on it and possibly the best sauce I've ever had on it. It took two pieces of bread to soak up the remaining sauce and I didn't want it to end. The pasta side dish was also perfectly cooked with a delightful marinara sauce. 

Spaghetti all partenopea
Pat ordered the spaghetti all partenopea which she said was wonderful. Teresa ordered a pasta and broccoli plate that she loved. Somehow we managed to share a desert of mousse that was very rich, and very tasty. 
Mousse
Overall, excellent food, impeccable service, reasonable prices and nice ambiance. I would recommend that you stop by and enjoy a nice meal. They have a website for more information. 

A'vanti's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment