Monday, October 15, 2012

My five favorite restaurants. Nu-Cavu in Wallkill, NY

I thought that instead of doing a "Best of" list this year (yes, I did post my Best Burger of 2012) that I'd do a feature on my top five restaurants. I list them in no particular order and I'll start with a perennial favorite since 2008, The Nu-Cavu in Wallkill, NY.

Veal Vavu
One of my reasons for liking this place so much is the consistency in food and service. I've never had a bad meal, and I was always treated like a king. We've tried most everything there and while they do make a mean burger, my favorites is the Pescatore, a seafood dish over pasta. 

I do try the specials and my most recent was the Veal Cavu (top photo), a remix of their Chicken Cavu. Veal, eggplant and roasted peppers with mozzarella and sauce served with pasta or potatoes. 
Eggplant Parmesan
Teresa is a huge fan of their eggplant Parmesan and I agree with her that it is one of the best anywhere. 
Salad with Blue Cheese
Even the salads are good, and they give you fresh bread with an olive tapanade. Stop by and have a nice meal sometime. Tell them I sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment