Friday, October 19, 2012

My Five Favorite Restaurants. The Greek Cafe, Middletown, NY

My friend Paula introduced us to The Greek Cafe and it has since become one of our favorite restaurants. The food is consistently good, as is the service. It is bright and decorated with pictures of the Greek Isles. 

Seafood
While I do like the gyros, they do make some really good seafood, and some delightful lemon potatoes.

Lemon Potatoes
They make their own Gyro meat and it tastes fresh and delicious. You can get a traditional Gyro, but I like to get the Gyro platter which comes with a huge pile of meat on a bed of god fries with greek salad on the side. 

Gyro Platter
While I don't usually get desert, I have sampled them all. What we do now is have our meal and take home a pastry for later. The Baklava is amazing.


If you haven't been there yet, make it a point to pay them a visit. You won't be disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment