Saturday, October 15, 2011

Best of Wilmington 2011

Winnie's Burger
It may only be October, but since I won't be back to Wilmington again this year I thought I might as well do the Best of Wilmington 2011 a bit early. The results are informal and based solely on my personal tastes.

Best White Tablecloth Restaurant- Caprice Bistro Well, it is more of a bistro but I'm going to classify it as a fancier restaurant. Classic French food at reasonable prices without the pretentiousness usually associated with French food. Well, it really is Belgian so that may explain it. Try the duck.

Best Burrito- Flaming Amy's The best burritos anywhere. Try the Po'Boy.


Best Breakfast- Goody Goody Omelet House I've heard the burgers are good there as well, but I can't speak from experience. What I can say is that the omelets are great.

Best Gastropub/bistro- The Eat Spot The best onion rings I've ever had and they came with a delicious burger. I would have named them best burger, but I had to give the nod to Winnie's Tavern.

Best Burger- Winnie's Tavern A little out of the way, and the opposite of upscale, but worth the trip and the experience. Amazing burgers, sold dirt cheap. The photo at the top is the Winnie Burger. A half-pound of heaven for about six-fifty.

Best Donut- Britt's They have one type of donut, glazed, and it is amazing. Also, they are not in Wilmington. They are in Carolina Beach.

Best Beer/bar food- Front Street Brewery A good place to eat as well, especially for the half-priced appetizers. Try the crab cakes, in fact try everything. I've been there a few dozen times and everything was good. One of the best brew pubs I've been to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.