Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Best of 2010

The time has come once again to list my favorites from the past year. This time I've decided to break it down by region and give the best restaurants for each area, and the best overall burger and brew of the year. The criterion was simple. I made the decisions on my own based on a loose formula balancing food quality, price, service, atmosphere and the number of hits the reviews have received. The search will begin anew in January for another year. Another year of hunting down good places to eat at reasonable prices. Simple food for for regular people is what this blog is about and I'm willing to go out there and sample places just to make your lives easier. Oh, the sacrifices I make for my readers.


Dutchess County- Beacon Falls Cafe, Beacon
Good food with friendly service. Bob and Linda will take good care of you.

Charming place with tons of atmosphere, good food, and friendly service. Worth a trip to Montreal just to eat there.

Orange County- Garrison's Tavern and Wine Cellar, Montgomery
Small, warm, and pleasant is how I would describe this restaurant. Get the clams or the calamari.

Pennsylvania- The Drafting Room, Exton
Great beer selection, good service, good food. Try the Sunday brunch sometime. They make a killer eggs Benedict.

Ulster County- Nu-Cavu in Wallkill
Once again this is the best. I've eaten there many times and they are consistently good. This will become one of your favorites I'm sure.

Wilmington NC- Front Street Brewery
A brew pub has to have either good beer or good food. Front Street has both and a friendly, yet edgy atmosphere. Hit them in the late afternoon for the specials and try the beer of the day. My favorite is the Port City IPA.

Best burger of the year- Main Street Bistro, New Paltz
I love this place. The food, the prices, the service, the eclectic feel about it. The restaurant just says this is a place for regular people to eat. Try the Guaca Baca Burger, that was the best of 2010 for me.

Best brew of the year- Hurricane Kitty from Keagan Ales





No comments:

Post a Comment