Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Capitol City Brewing, Washington, DC


In our nation's capitol there is a brewpub called appropriately enough, Capitol City Brewing. They have three locations; one on Capitol Hill, one downtown, and another in Arlington. We ate at the one on Capitol Hill, next to Union Station in the Post Office Museum. This place is very large, but it was virtually empty late Sunday night.

I had the Hickory Burger pictured above, with cheese, bacon and hickory BBQ sauce for eleven dollars. It was a good burger, but the problem was it was swimming in BBQ sauce. If you order it, ask for the sauce on the side so you can add what you want. Teresa had a salad that was okay. Food was good, but pricey for a brewpub.

I had two beers. They were out of the IPA so I had the Porter, which was pretty good. I made a mistake on the second when I tried the Red, Wheat and Blue. It was a wheat beer flavored with strawberries and blueberries. Not a bad wheat, but a bit too fruity for my taste.

If you're in DC, stop in and try them out. Check out their website for more information.


Capital City Brewing Company on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment