Friday, April 2, 2010

Best Brews of the past year

Here is my informal list of my favorite brews of the past year. I may add to the list as time goes on. You will note that I am a fan of IPA and Stout.

Brew Pubs-

1. Port City IPA, Front Street Brewery, Wilmington, NC.
2. Uncle Teddy's Bitters, Victory, Downingtown, PA
3. Scotch Ale, Front Street Brewery.
4. Ryesing, Iron Hill Brewery, West Chester, PA. A nice American Rye IPA

Small commercial breweries-

1. Saranac Pale Ale. This is a nice English style ale, not to be confused with an IPA.
2. Goose Island India Pale Ale. One of the best IPAs I've ever had. Nice and hoppy, without being overdone.
3. Magic Hat #9

Imports-

1. Boddington's Pub Ale
2. Fullers ESB
3. Guinness Stout (I had a pint at the brewery in Dublin, and no Guinness has matched that yet, but it's still good whenever)

Big American Breweries-

1. American Ale, Anheiser Busch. Ever since the Europeans bought them, they started to make some good products.



No comments:

Post a Comment