Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Paltz Indian Restaurant

I like Indian food. The problem is that I don't know much about it, so I never know what to order. The solution? Buffet. I've had a few Indian buffets before, but the best so far is in New Paltz at the New Paltz Indian Restaurant on North Manheim Blvd.

We had food from here a few weeks ago when we were invited to a surprise birthday party for our friend Amy. Her friend, Gina, ordered the food from here and I helped her pick it up. While there I noted a sign announcing that on Tuesdays they have a buffet for $12.95. I cataloged that in my memory and after eating the food at the party decided we had to try it. By the way, we got to take home the plum sauce and the cilantro seasoning from the party. The plum sauce made a fine marinade for pork chops and chicken. The spicy cilantro sauce made a delicious chicken marinade.

Anyway, my wife and son and I went there this Tuesday and it was good. Fresh, hot nan bread, papadum (lentil wafers) and various samosas to start. Follow this with Tandoori chicken, Shrimp Korma (my favorite), chicken curry, and some great basmati rice, plus a whole lot more. Everything was delicious, fresh and hot.

Great food, friendly people, good service, and a reasonable price. We'll be headed back soon and you should pay them a visit too. Check out their website for menu and directions. Oh, they have one opening soon in Kingston.

No comments:

Post a Comment